Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Traveling, learning, jet lag, summer!

Long time, no post!

I just got back from a little trip to Paris for two auditions and I feel I must be still jet lagged because I keep waking up too early!

This morning I have a rehearsal for the Motezuma show with Ensemble Caprice which is going to be lots of fun. I will get to work with the current atelier members today - whom I have not worked with yet and I am quite excited! I love the challenge of this piece and am looking to expand my baroque repertoire. Bring it, Vivaldi!

The month of May has flown by because I have been learning music and cramming and it sometimes feels like it was for no reason. I learned an ENTIRE opera for one audition... and while you are doing so you realize you it could be a complete waste of time... If I think of it in those terms though, I would go crazy. Instead I am choosing to stand up to the challenge, trust in this business (even though it can be hard) and appreciate that I was able to accomplish it.

Walking around Paris I found "Place du Québec"

Summer has "sort of" arrived in Montreal. It was raining cats and dogs for the past week in Paris and when I arrived home it didn't stop. The past two days has felt like summer though. I spent a whole afternoon in the park one day and then after a trip to Ottawa and back I went to a friends for a BBQ and we all sat outside while singing and playing guitar. Summer has begun!

Now that summer has begun I am happy to say that I have finished my traveling for a while. I look forward to settling into Montreal for the longest stretch I can remember. I have been to London (UK), Halifax, Ottawa, Paris twice and New York three times since February and last year was no better. I think I have had my fair share of jet lag and I want to unpack the suitcase!

It terms of my happiness challenge from my previous post- I would like to say that things are going very well! I am finding back the activities
that I love to do (outside and within music) and my general mood has completely switched!

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions" - Dalai Lama

Happy end of May!

Suzanne


No comments:

Post a Comment