Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Time, and time again....

Here I am, again, on the overnight bus back from New York City.

Here are the tricks I have learned along the way with this form of travel....

1. Drink first. I know this sounds ridiculous,  but if you have a glass of wine or something, it will help you fall asleep... because this is necessary.

2. Go on a weekday. Less people take the overnight bus on a weekday. Fact.

3. Go towards the back. Somehow people are lazy and like to stay near the front. You are more likely to get a place to yourself near the back... aka the toilets..

4. Bring sleeping gear. Wear puffy clothes. It gets cold. My favourite article is my blow up pillow and  eye mask.

5. Have NO shame. None.

6. Eat in Albany. (Bring your own food, because that stuff they sell... yuck!)

7. Be honest. Don't try and steal the extra seat. People are less likely to bother you and sit with you. Ha. You would think this would be the opposite. I have also heard of people faking being sick so that people don't sit with you. I believe this might be a good option.... but I am not sure I could do it.

8. Fly.

Alright, but seriously, this is brutal. I can't wait for the day that I have some sort of flight pass, or enough points that I never have to take the bus again. The problem is that sometimes the flights don't work out to get you on time. Luckily the bus NEVER cancels. (Unlike airlines)

Have I said enough?

Update on life: I am feeling very excited for the upcoming months. I am LOVING coaching Zerbinetta all of the time. This character might actually be me. This is so fun. I love New York, also. I just love the hustle and bustle. I once said it is like shopping in a mall around Christmas all of the time in New York.

Today I bought a new winter jacket. I planned on giving my old one to a person who needed it in the street, although I didn't see any female beggars along the way (to the bus stop) that it would fit or needed a jacket. I guess I will give it to a Montrealer. On a random note: The beggars are quite resourceful in NYC. I saw one who had a carpet set up on top of the Subway grate. Genius! Thats way more comfy than the bus... although I would never trade my situation to live on the street. It still hurts me to see people out on the streets. :(

Alright, its time to try and sleep again. Oh! I forgot to mention- I listen to a meditative application called "Omnivana" and it is the loop of "Deep Sleep." It REALLY works. So far, so good!

Bonne nuit mes amis!

Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment