Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pirates of Penzance Photo and Reviews

Good evening!

I hope this blog post finds you well. I am personally enjoying a quiet evening after a fun day. Today I performed my 12th show of Pirates of Penzance by Gilbert and Sullivan with Drayton Entertainment at the St Jacobs County Playhouse. 

I have to say it has been a long time for me to play in a musical, but also in G&S! I had my first big exposure to operetta at the age of 17 when I played Rose Maybud in Ruddigore with the G&S Society of Nova Scotia. It has been a treat to come back with it, but also to play it with a predominately Musical Theatre company. I have to say, I love it! I have learned so much in such a short period of time, and I am now motivated to work up some musical theatre repertoire and to take more dance classes. (I love to dance, so, bonus!)

There have been some pretty positive reviews so far that I would like to share:

"Suzanne Rigden, an opera singer making her Drayton debut, has a high, clear agile voice that clearly has no need of amplification.  Besides bringing off Mabel’s highly-ornamented songs perfectly, Rigden also proves herself a fine comic actor."

Christopher Hoile from Stage Door

http://www.stage-door.com/Theatre/Current_Reviews/Entries/2015/10/11_The_Pirates_of_Penzance.html


"Everyone is exceptionally good with considerable vocal skills yet there is a standout here: Suzanne Rigden as Mabel in her Drayton debut.
While other cast members have musical theatre voices, Rigden is pure opera. She has beautiful, crystal-clear vocals, which led her to be named one of CBC's Hot 30 Under 30 Classical Musicians."
Valerie Hill from Waterloo Region Record
file:///Users/suzannerigden/Desktop/untitled%20folder/The%20Pirates%20of%20Penzance_Drayton%20Entertainment_2015_139.JPG
"Soprano Suzanne Rigden excels as Mabel.  Her rich operatic voice fills the theatre."
- Mary Alderson from Entertain this thought
http://www.entertainthisthought.com/2015/10/10/the-pirates-of-penzance-2015

Here are some production photos! 

Photo 1: Post "Poor Wand'ring One"
Photo 2: Post Second act duet
Photo 3: Finale of Act 2: Reprise of "Poor Wand'ring one"


Good evening folks! Come out and see Pirates if you are in the Waterloo area.


3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck. 2x incapeli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an educational post and it is helpful and learned. in this manner, I might want to thank you for the endeavors you have made recorded as a hard copy this article. 먹튀사이트

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time I visit here. I found such a considerable number of intriguing stuff with regards to your blog particularly its assessment. Extremely its incomprehensible article. Keep it up. 꽁머니 사이트

    ReplyDelete