Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Masterclasses and reviews

So last night we had a wonderful masterclass with Warren Jones. I was lucky enough to sing the Queen of the Night for him (second aria) and I learned so many wonderful little tricks. We worked on the forward vowels, the consonnats being crips as well as those nasty triplets! We have had three little mini masterclasses with him and then the one last public one, and I just felt like he had so many new and wonderful things to say. He was able to pinpoint exactly your problem and that one thing fixed any other problems. A great artist right there.


Oh and in other news, I messed up the time of the Grand Finale- it is at 7:30pm on Saturday August 20th. It is going to be a fabulous show! We just finished our Sitzprobe today!

Lastly, I found one more review!!

"Nary a note of ornamentation was missing from Suzanne Ridgen’s rivulets of notes pulsating forward giving wit and intelligence to a lovely Rosina...none holds a candle to Suzanne Ridgen’s lovely Rosina, especially when she’s got forks stuck in her hair to emulate the rays of the Statue of Liberty while holding a candleabra as Liberty’s torch"

http://www.starkinsider.com/2011/08/most-fun-all-summer-merolas-il-barbiere-di-siviglia.html


With the end in sight, I am feeling so blessed to have been here at Merola. I have learned so much and am crossing my fingers for the Adlers... but I shouldn't get too excited because everyone here is fabulous in their own ways! It is very exciting to have met all of these wonderful people and to know that these people will be the stars of tomorrow!! :)

Thank you for everything San Francisco!

No comments:

Post a Comment