Total Pageviews

Friday, August 5, 2011

Barber of Seville

Well the first show is finished!

I am now lying in bed and can't get back to sleep because I am still excited about the show last night! All of my colleagues are great and I am so excited to get to share another evening with them on the stage! It has truly been a pleasure working with them and I really do enjoy every moment. It is nice to know that at the point when you could be most nervous, you relax and enjoy! I suppose that is the reason why we keep doing it! It is so great to realize how in the moment you can be when you are performing. I have been recently reading the book "Talent is Overrated" by Geoff Colvin and can't get out of my mind all of the comments he says about focused purposeful practice. The hard part about that, is that you can never recreate the feeling you have when you are on stage and have an audience. It immediately changes things! So you can never practise how to deal with the nerves of being on stage, so you just have to do it!

Here is an article to read about the Merola program if you are interested!


http://www.sfcv.org/article/me​rola-artists-go-the-distance


Have a wonderful Friday. I am going to try and get back to bed, and enjoy the physical exhaustion I have from last night! Thank you for all of your support!

Suzanne a.k.a. Rosina of liberty!

No comments:

Post a Comment