Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Queen of St-Eustache- Okay Just of the Night...

Long time no blog!

I feel like I have been running around like a crazy woman for the past couple of months. I am very happy to take a moment and reflect sometimes. Like now. :)

At the moment I am in rehearsals for my first official Queen of the Night with Festival Opéra de Ste Eustache. We had our pre-générale tonight. Our Papageno hadn't arrived yet, so it was a very exciting rehearsal. By the way, shout out to Nicholas Rigas for walking in after a trans-atlantic flight and knocking it out of the park! It is those moments that make me bow down in awe to such incredible artists.

So this week has been a little crazy transporting back and forth to Saint-Eustache and not stopping my regular Montreal life at the same time. It makes me begin to realize what it must be like to have a child. You just need to be on top of the game at all times or else something could go wrong. Kudos to all of the wonderful mothers out there who keep on top of it.

I guess I am really in a thankful mood. On that note: Happy belated Canadian Thanksgiving.

So if you are reading this and are not too far from Saint-Eustache, Quebec, come out to the Petit Église on Friday October 18th at 8pm to hear my first (but definitely not last) Queen of the Night.

Happy Wednesday!

Suzanne

PS this picture is from before my Dartmouth Community Concert Recital debut. What a blast to sing my favourite pieces for my hometown!

No comments:

Post a Comment